Hello, so glad you've popped by and landed on my last recipe post for 2017 before I head off on holiday, but this easy peanut butter freezer fudge recipe is one of my favs so I'd better get it online so that people can make it!
This easy peanut butter freezer fudge is a recipe I would describe as healthier or healthy-ish I would definitely not be so bold as to call it 100% healthy peanut butter fudge although I have seen some recipes that are fairly similar touted as exactly this
Let's not get silly about this, yes this peanut butter fudge is refined sugar-free, but it is still what I consider a treat as it still contains a fairly significant amount of sugar in the form of maple syrup, which although not refined sugar is certainly an added sugar.
What does set this easy peanut butter fudge recipes apart from other very sugary fudge recipes is that it is loaded with healthy fats and protein from the peanut butter, and the ease factor!
No heating or boiling sugar which means kids can totally make it! So I would say it is a healthy recipe in terms of fudge, but we shouldn't be kidding ourselves thinking fudge is super duper healthy!
If you are looking for a lower calorie treat to make with the kids, my healthy coconut ice slice is a great one to try!
Or if you are a peanut butter fan then you can't go wrong with my Peanut Butter Chicken Salad Sandwich, , Choc Chip Peanut butter Pumpkin Cookies, peanut butter bars or my grain-free peanut butter cream cookies
- 380g smooth peanut butter
- ½ Cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional(
- 100g melted coconut oil or butter
- 2 tablespoon Cocoa
- Use either a cake mixer, bowl and electric beater or bowl and hand whisk (I prefer the cake mixer option, but all options are doable)
- Add the peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla, and butter to the bowl beat for 1-2 mins until well combined
- Line a 20cm square cake tin with baking paper
- pour half of the peanut butter mix evenly into the base of the cake tin, pop into the freezer to chill for a few minutes
- Add the cocoa powder to the remaining peanut butter mix and beat until well combined
- pour the chocolate peanut butter mix on top of the chilled peanut butter fudge
- Freeze for 1-2 hr before slicing and serving
- Store in the freezer in an air tight container in the freezer for up to 90 days, although it doesn't usually last this long!
Melted coconut oil can be substituted for butter if dairy free or vegan is required
Cashew or Almond butter can be substituted if peanut free or paleo is needed
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1 piece
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 103Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 53mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 2g
Please know this nutrition analysis is based on the ingredients only, this recipe has not been sent to a laboratory for independent testing