It’s happened, my 3.5 yr old has become quite a fussy little eater. So when it comes to filling lunchboxes its all about balls balls balls.
These apple oat no-bake bites are a relatively new addition to my ball rotation, but based on the fact my little miss gobbled 5 during the photoshoot alone I think we can safely say they will be a regular.
Thus far I have not attempted these apple oat no-bake bites as nut-free, that will be my next project. I suspect they will work with sunflower seeds. But I have tried them with both peanut butter and almond butter. I make them with peanut butter more often as it is so much cheaper than almond butter. But the almond version was scrummy.
To make this recipe nut-free tahini can be used, I find the hulled tahini works best in this recipe as it’s flavour is not as strong.
These apple oat no-bake bites (if suggested substitutions are made) are part of my allergy-friendly recipe collection, these recipes are free from the top 8 food allergens: Dairy, wheat, egg, soy, peanut, tree nuts, fish & crustaceans
Watch the apple oat no-bake bites video
- Cooked apple or apple puree 200g
- Peanut butter 150g (1/2 C)
- Raisins 60g (1/2C)
- Rolled oats 200g (2 C)
- Watch the quick recipe video before you get started, scroll up a little to find it
- Check the notes at the bottom of the recipe for little bits of extra info and help
- In a food processor blitz the apple, peanut butter, and raisins.
- Add the rolled oats and using the pulse function on the food processor, pulse until combined
- Take tablespoon fulls and roll into balls. If you find the mixture a bit sticky, dampen your hands
- Refrigerate for 30 mins
- These balls can keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days
- These balls can be frozen
Peanut butter can be replaced with almond butter to make these peanut-free, tahini will work as asubstitutee for not free
This recipe is wheat free but not gluten free if traditional oats are used.
Nutrition InformationYield 30 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 67Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 0mgSodium 25mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 2g
Please know this nutrition analysis is based on the ingredients only, this recipe has not been sent to a laboratory for independent testing