It’s happened, my 3.5 yr old has become quite a fussy little eater. So when it comes to filling lunchboxes its all about balls balls balls. These apple oat no-bake bites are a relatively new addition to my ball rotation, but based on the fact my little miss gobbled 5 during the photo shoot alone I think we can safely say they will be a regular.
Thus far I have not attempted these apple oat no-bake bites as nut free, that will be my next project. I suspect they will work with sunflower seeds. But I have tried them with both peanut butter and almond butter. I make them with peanut butter more often as it is so much cheaper than almond butter. But the almond version was scrummy.
Apple Oat No Bake Bites
Yield 30 bites
- Cooked apple or apple puree 200g
- Peanut butter 150g (1/2 C)
- Raisins 60g (1/2C)
- Rolled oats 300g (3 C)
- In a food processor blitz the apple, peanut butter, and raisins.
- Add the rolled oats and using the pulse function on the food processor, pulse until combined
- Take tablespoon fulls and roll into balls. If you find the mixture a bit sticky, dampen your hands
- Refrigerate for 30 mins
- These balls can keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days
- These balls can be frozen
Peanut butter can be replaced with almond butter