I have been on a bit of a peanut butter frenzy in the past couple of weeks, so here I am with some delicious grain-free peanut butter cream cookies!
I know they look kind of impressive, (well at least I think they do), but these peanut butter cream filled cookies are actually just a fortuitous combination of two of my recent posts: Easy Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies and Easy Healthy Peanut Butter Mousse. Did you notice that both of the recipes are prefaced with the term ‘Easy’, so yes there is nothing tricky about these grain-free peanut butter cream cookies.
The cream filling is literally a mix of peanut butter and banana, but it looks so much more decadent than that and still tastes awesome! My kids were very impressed when I pulled these out for a fancy afternoon tea!
If you also have peanut butter loving kids (or perhaps you are a peanut butter lover yourself, then do check out some of my other great peanut butter recipes: Peanut Butter Chicken Salad Sandwich, Peanut Butter Freezer Fudge, Choc Chip Peanut butter Pumpkin Cookies or my No-Bake Apple Oat Bites
These cookies use almond meal, I love love love baking with ground almonds, as they add protein and good fats into the baking so a little of extra nutrition for the kiddos!
- 1 and ⅓ cups ground almond/almond meal
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 Cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 2 ripe bananas
- ¼ Cup peanut butter
- squeeze of lemon juice (optional)
- Make the cookie dough as per my Easy Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
- For this cream filled version I use a circular cutter that was slightly bigger yielded 30 round cookies
- Bake as per the peanut butter cookie recipe, and allow to cool fully
- Prepare the cream filling as per my Peanut Butter Mousse Recipe
- Pop a dollop of the mouse in the center of one cookie, top with a second cookie to create a cream-filled cookie sandwich
- The cookies without cream filling will last in an airtight container for 3-5 days, however once filled with the banana cream they need to be eaten soon after they are filled
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1 Filled Cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 237Total Fat: 15.2gSaturated Fat: 2.7gCholesterol: 12.4mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2.5gSugar: 14gProtein: 7.5g