Gluten-free recipes are something I am asked for regularly and not just gluten-free but easy gluten-free recipes! These Easy Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies certainly fit the bill. They are grain free, loaded with nuts so lots of good fats, protein and some fiber too. (making them healthy and filling for little tummies, or adult tummies).
The best thing about these easy peanut butter cookies is that my kiddos love them! They are pretty low in sugar with only 1/3 of a cup of sugar in a pretty large batch. I use standard old brown sugar, but you could certainly opt for coconut sugar if that tickles your fancy.
If you want to get fancy with these cookies you can fill them with my healthy peanut butter mouse and create these grain-free peanut butter cream cookies
I have lots of other low sugar cookies on my site too, cookies with no refined sugar, but I find these needed a little something to maintain the yum factor. But if you do want refined sugar cookies then these fruit sweetened cookies , healthy chocolate chip cookies or if you really need a fully allergy-friendly cookie then my ultimate allergy-friendly cookies are great too.
Easy Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies
Yield 40 cookies
These Easy Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies live up to their name, a simple list of ingredients for a grain free tasty cookie!
- 1 and 1/3 cups ground almond/almond meal
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 Cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg
- In a bowl mix the sugar and ground almond
- Add the peanut butter, egg and vanilla, mix until forms a ball
- Knead a little until the ball is smooth, (just a few moments)
- Rest the dough in the fridge for about half an hour
- Lay a piece of baking paper down on a flat surface, place the ball of dough on top
- On top of the dough place a second piece fo baking paper
- Take a rolling pin, and roll out the dough until 0.5 cm thick
- Use cookie cutters to cut out your cookies, any shape is fine, keep kneading and rolling the dough until you have used all of it up
- Lay the cookies on a baking paper lined baking tray
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 8-10 mins (be sure to check after 8 minutes, you just want the cookie to be going slightly golden, it will still be a little soft, but hardens upon cooling
- I have made these cookies with both crunch and smooth peanut butter
- Brown sugar can be swapped for coconut sugar
- Be sure to check after the 8 minutes as these cookies can catch and become burnt fast, they are almost better a little under done
Serving Size 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 4.9 g
Saturated Fat 0.8 g
Cholesterol 4.7 mg
Total Carbohydrates 5.8 g
Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 2.4 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.