This no-bake chocolate weetbix slice is a super easy kid-friendly recipe. I was going to say baking idea, but it is no-bake! In New Zealand we say Kiwi Kids are Weetbix kids, it is a very very popular breakfast cereal, low in salt and sugar it ticks a lot of nutrition boxes for me.
Elsewhere I believe this no-bake chocolate Weetbix slice may go by another name, perhaps no bake chocolate Weetabix slice in the UK or maybe just no bake wheat biscuit slice… either way I am very confident you will be able to use any brand of wheat biscuit style breakfast cereal to make it.
Don’t forget to check out the video too! You will find it just down the page a bit.
This no-bake chocolate weetbix slice recipe is part of my allergy-friendly recipe collection, these recipes are free from the top 8 food allergens: Dairy, wheat, egg, soy, peanut, tree nuts, fish & crustaceans. The changes to make this recipe allergy friendly can be found in the recipe notes.
2 out of 3 of my kids love this recipe, one isn’t keen. His main reason for disliking it is he is not a fan of dates, but he does enjoy my apricot version which will be up on the blog soon as well. My 2 girls devour it though. Now for the eyesight test, have a look in the next image and see if you can spot the hair… whoops! Hair was definitely not one of the listed ingredients for no-bake chocolate Weetbix slice!
Watch My No-Bake Chocolate Weetbix Slice Recipe Video
No-bake Chocolate Weetbix Slice
Yield 16 pieces
- 5 Weetbix, (Weetabix or Wheat Biscuits)
- 1 Cup Dates (pitted)
- 1/2 Cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 Cup desiccated coconut
- 4 Tbsp Cocoa
- 2Tbsp Honey
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 40g dark chocolate (optional)
- Watch the quick recipe video before you get started, scroll up a little to find it
- Check the notes at the bottom of the recipe for little bits of extra info and help
- Place first 7 ingredients in a food processor
- Blitz until comes together into a ball (takes 3-5 mins)
- While food processor is doing its magic line a loaf tin with baking paper
- If you have chosen to use dark chocolate on the top, you can also get this melted. I either use a double boiler, or for a small quantity like this I do short 30 second bursts in the microwave on 50% power)
- Press the mixture into the loaf tin
- Top with the melted chocolate
- Refrigerate for 2 hrs
Store in the refrigerator for 3-5 days, or freeze
For dairy-free ensure the chocolate used is dark chocolate that is dairy free or skip the chocolate layer on top. For wheat and gluten free the new gluten-free weetbix work well in this recipe