This recipe for 3-minute vegan Strawberry Ice cream started out as a smoothie recipe, I made a little error at the start (well a big error when it comes to smoothie making) I added no liquid whatsoever and what I stumbled on was a brilliant east healthy way to make a dairy-free strawberry ice cream!
I have gone on to complete the healthy strawberry milkshake recipe I meant to make, but If I’m totally honest this random discovery for 3-minute dairy-free ice cream is actually way better than the smoothie!
3 minutes and 3 ingredients are all you need to make vegan strawberry ice cream, it has a creamy texture, is loaded with flavour and my kids eat it as if it was traditional strawberry ice cream. I make it in small batches, ie enough for 2 to make and eat straight away. I find it better this way. I tried freezing it, but the texture becomes too hard. It is best to make small batches and eat!
You will need a good blender or food processor, my Magimix Food Processor whips it up no problem at all.
This recipe has no added sugar or refined sugar, but this does not mean the recipe is sugar free. The sugar in this recipe comes from the naturally occurring sugar in strawberries and dates.
There are a few reasons you might have come across this recipe in your online travels, depending on why you arrived, here are some other recipes that might be useful
More Strawberry Recipes
More Healthy Valentines Recipes
More Dairy Free/ Vegan Treat Ideas
Vegan Strawberry Ice-cream Video
3- Minute Vegan Strawberry Icecream
Yield 2 Servings
- 1 Cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 3 dates
- Place all the ingedients in a food processor, blitz for 2-3 minutes, it will turn into fine sand first, keep going and it will magically become creamy ice cream.
- This ice cream is best prepared in small batches and eaten straight away rather than freezing
- I have made this with both raw and roasted cashews, both worked fine, however you will want unsalted nuts
- If your food processor is not as powerful you may wish to soak the cashews and dates in warm water for 15vminutes, then drain before blitzing them
Serving Size 3/4 Cup
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 16.6 g
Saturated Fat 2.9 g
Sodium 6.4 mg
Total Carbohydrates 45.1 g
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
Sugars 29.5 g
Protein 7.8 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
please note the nutritional information provided is an estimate based on ingredients, this recipe has not been analysed externally for nutritional profile.