Easter bunny footprints are a very easy Easter cookie your kids will love. With the emphasis squarely on EASY!
Why This Recipe Works
- Two ingredient recipe
- Easy to make
- Cute and fun
Ingredients you will need
To make these bunny footprints you will need a sheet of sweet short pastry and chocolate.
Ingredient Notes and Substitutes
- Sweet short pastry: Of course if you prefer you can make these cookies from scratch, I have a simple sugar cookie recipe you could use.
- Chocolate: You will need chocolate buttons and smaller chocolate drops.
I am an ambassador for Countdown supermarket, they support my blog by providing ingredients for recipe creation and testing. I chocolate buttons and chocolate drops from their range in this recipe.
Step by step instructions
Below are illustrated step-by-step instructions to make my ** Recipe cookies, if you prefer just the written instructions then head straight to the printable recipe card below.
Prep: If your short pastry is frozen, leave it to thaw on the benchtop. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
Step one: Cut small oval shapes from the thawed pastry sheet. You can re-roll any of the off-cuts to be able to make as many cookies as possible.
Step two: Place the oval paws on a lined baking sheet.
Step three: Place a chocolate button and 3 small chocolate drops on each paw to make bunny footprints. Bake for 6 minutes, you want the cookies to be just lightly golden.
Step four: Allow to cool.
Here is how you can make these bunny footprints perfectly every time!
- The secret to these Easter bunny footprint cookies is to not overcook them. If they go too golden they don't look quite as cute.
- These cookies will store well in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Other Easter Treats you might like
- Mini egg cookies
- Bunny buns
- Easter bunny cookies
- Fresh Fruit Healthy Easter Eggs
- Easter bunny cupcakes
- Easter popcorn
- Cloud eggs
- Small oval cookie cutter
- 1 sheet sweet short pastry
- 34 chocolate buttons
- 132 small chocolate drops
- Prep: If your short pastry is frozen, leave it to thaw on the bench top. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Cut small oval shapes from the thawed pastry sheet. You can re-roll any of the off cuts to be able to make as many cookies as pssible.
- Place the oval paws on a line baking sheet.
- Place a chocolate button and 3 small chocolate drops on each paw to make bunny footprints.
- Bake for 6 minutes
- Allow to cool.