These Easter Bunny Carrot Cupcakes are the perfect easter baking project for kids.
I would be very hesitant to say that they are a healthy Easter treat, but they are a great way to get kids in the kitchen, they have carrots, so it’s a fun way to present a healthy vegetable and they require very little baking skills!
As far as the cupcake goes for these Easter bunny carrot cupcakes, there are a few options, you can either use a store-bought vanilla cupcake mix and just add some grated carrot.
Or you could use one of my lower sugar muffins for the cupcakes. I have recipes for carrot muffins, apple banana, carrot baby led weaning muffins and first muffins for baby all of which are sweetened only with fruit.
Or like I said, you can just go with a store-bought vanilla cupcake pack, a little similar to how I made my Christmas pudding cupcakes.
- 1 pack store-bought vanilla cupcake mix (see notes for alternatives)
- 1 Cup grated carrot
- 12 baby carrots
- 12 orange jelly beans
- If you are using a store bought vanilla cupcake mix, then prepare the mix as per the packet instructions.
- Add the grated carrot to the batter, and mix through
- Portion the batter into 24 mini muffin trays, I line mine with mini cupcake liners for this recipe
- Bake the carrot cupcakes as per the packet instructions, note the baking time will be shorter if you have made mini cupcakes
- Allow the cupcakes to cool
- If you used a store cupcake mix, it will have come with frosting, use this or alternatively make up some cream cheese frosting
- Ice the cupcakes, I used a piping bag but you do not need to
- Cut the 12 jelly beans in half
- Cut the baby carrots in half, both crossways and long ways, this will form 4 bunny ears
- Get the kids to help you add the carrot ears and jelly bean noses to the cupcakes
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 52Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 16mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g
Please know this nutrition analysis is based on the ingredients only, this recipe has not been sent to a laboratory for independent testing