I had such great fun putting together these April Fools Food Pranks for my kids!
My kids actually experienced them a little before April Fools Day as I wanted to get my video up for others before the day! They had the funniest afternoon tea though, and they really did giggle, once they got over the shock that is!
If your kids are a little bored at the moment, then I think these pranks would be perfect for them to pull on their dads! Help them put them together and then surprise their dads,
The kids will probably give it away with their giggling, but they will have an absolute blast pulling these pranks!
My 4 April Fools Day Food Pranks for kids, that aren’t hard to make and have a real light-hearted feel so a perfect even for the little ones!
The first place I would start would be to check out my video below which has how to create all 4 of the food pranks in a quick video
Mashed Potato Ice Cream Sundae
- 4 scoops mashed potato
- 1/4 cup Gravy
- 2 Cherries
Undrinkable Juice Food Prank
- 1 Cup fruit juice
- 3 Tbsp Gelatine
Easter Egg Food Prank
- 4 Small wrapped Easter eggs
- 4 Tomatoes (mini egg shaped ones work best)
It's Not Egg & Fries Food Prank
- 3 Tbsp Plain or sweetened greek yoghurt (it needs to be white)
- 1 Apricot half
- 1 Apple
- Prepare mashed potato and allow to cool, you need quite a stiff mixture, ie don't add too much liquid. Tip: Instant mashed potatoes are perfect for this!
- Prepare gravy, (allow to cool) if you go for a dark gravy it will look like chocolate, a lighter gravy will look like caramel. Tip: for the sake of a food prank like this a commercial store bought gravy is perfectly fine!
- Scoop the potato into the tool glass, pour on the gravy, top with sprinkles and cherries. Tip: if you find it hard to get nice round scoops with an ice cream scoop, you can also just mold the scoop with your hands
- Thicken the fruit juice with the gelatine using the packet instructions. Different types of gelatine have different instructions. The one I used worked in cold juice, but some you may need to warm the liquid.
- Carefully unwrap the easter eggs, save the foil
- Re-wrap the tomatoes, I have also seen this prank with grapes!
- Shape a blob of yoghurt on a plate
- Top with an apricot half, voila an egg!
- Slice apple into battons to look like fries. I used a crinkle cutter but they look fine with straight edges too!
Ice Cream Sundae
Easter Egg Food Prank
It's not eggs and fries
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 1580Total Fat 54gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 4gUnsaturated Fat 31gCholesterol 579mgSodium 3436mgCarbohydrates 234gFiber 24gSugar 84gProtein 44g