Burgers are fantastic, burgers are awesome, burgers are such a kid friendly dinner.
The only problem for the little ones is they can be hard too hold and they can be tricky to get your mouth around. My solution is simple, mini toast burgers for toddlers!
You take the same fillings you are serving for the rest of the family, but instead of popping them in a big bun, you make toast circles, and voila a mini toast burger for toddlers, so easy and cheap!
All you need is toast and a glass, or you could use a cookie cutter or fish out a cutter from your child's play dough set!
Use the cutter to cut a circle from the toast, you will need one for the top and one for the bottom, you can even use the cutter to shape the patties as well!
As far as what to fill the burger with, choose your munchkins favourite fillings. I often add fewer fillings to the mini toast burgers for my children than I would in my own burger, but then I just serve extra vege on the side.
My kids love me putting dishes of toppings on the table and then they will build their own mini toast burgers.
Have fun with the patties you use as well, of course, you can stick with a beef burger, but there are lots of other things you can use as the protein in your burger, below are some of my favs.
- Burgers no egg no breadcrumbs via My Kids Lick The Bowl
- Beef and Veggie Rissoles via My Kids Lick The Bowl
- Beef burgers with hidden veggies via Healthy Little Foodies
- Yummy beef rissoles via Kidgredients
- Parmesan chicken meatballs via Kidgredients
- Coconut chicken nuggets via My Kids Lick The Bowl
- Salmon fish cakes via Eats Amazing
- Tuna quinoa cakes via Healthy Little Foodies
- Sweet potato & chickpea burgers via My Fussy Eater
- Falafels via My Kids Lick The Bowl
- 2 slices of toast
- 1 cooked burger patty
- Using a glass or cookie cutter cut an appropriate sized circle from each slice of toast
- Using the same glass or cutter shape the cooked burger patty
- Assemble the burger with salad fillings your child enjoys
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 345Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 335mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 26g
Please know this nutrition analysis is based on the ingredients only, this recipe has not been sent to a laboratory for independent testing