Kids love chicken nuggets. These easy healthy chicken nuggets only require 3 ingredients and are allergy allergy-friendly. Best of all, well best of all they are very quick to make.
The image below makes me giggle a little, can you see the stamp on my daughter’s hand? I considered photoshopping it, but this is real-life!
All 3 of my kids love these easy healthy chicken nuggets, and I love them too because the ingredients and method are so simple. There is no double breading. They are allergy friendly, pretty much everything free: Dairy Free, Egg Free, Peanut Free, Wheat Free, Gluten Free.. which means they are fantastic to serve at a gathering of children where allergy might be an issue.
If you don’t have coconut milk or ground almonds you may have the ingredients for my other homemade chicken tender recipe, popcorn chicken tenders, they are made with chicken, mayonaise, and popcorn! Equally easy and equally delicious!
Easy Healthy Chicken Nuggets
Yield 20 Nuggets
- 500g Fresh boneless chicken (breast, tenderloins or thighs all work fine)
- 1 Cup Coconut milk
- 1 Cup Ground almonds (almond meal)
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces
- Soak in coconut milk. If possible leave the chicken to soak in fridge for 30 mins or overnight (although however long you have is fine)
- Drain the excess coconut milk
- Roll the coconut milk soaked chicken pieces in the ground almonds
- Place on a baking paper-lined tray
- Bake in a hot oven 200 degrees Celsius, 390 Fahrenheit for 15-20mins ( cooking time will depend on size of pieces).
- Turn the pieces once golden on one side (usually after 10 mins cooking time). The side that is sitting on the baking paper will be the side going brown, turning helps to make both sides golden and crispy
- We often have these with home made baked fries and a salad
- You can turn them into mini burger, or add them to a wrap