This is my take on the famous butterbeer Harry Potter and his Hogwarts friends enjoy when they visit the Flying Cauldron. I made it for my daughter's Harry Potter-themed birthday party.
Why This Recipe Works
- Simple 3 ingredient recipe
- Quick to make
- Fun for a Harry potter themed birthday party
Ingredients you will need
To make butterbeer which is essentially butterscotch beer, I used ginger beer as a base, butterscotch sauce to add buttery caramel flavours to the drink, and whipped cream for a fun flourish.
Ingredient Notes and Substitutes
- Gingerbeer: You cuold use a sugar-free gingerbeer if you prefer or an old fahsioned creaming soda.
- Butterscotch sauce: I love the Barkers Buterscotch Caramel Sauce, but you could use any caramel or butterscoch dessert toppinh including a sugar-free version.
I am an ambassador for Countdown supermarket, they support my blog by providing ingredients for recipe creation and testing. I used their ginger beer, in this recipe.
Step by step instructions
Below are illustrated step-by-step instructions to make my butterbeer, if you prefer just the written instructions then head straight to the printable recipe card below.
Step one: Pour butterscotch sauce into the bottom of a glass, add ginger beer and stir to combine.
Step two: Top the drink with whipped cream and an extra drizzle of caramel sauce
Here is how you can make butterbeer perfectly every time!
My only tip is to not make this drink in advance. It's best made just before serving as the whipped cream, does start to dissolve into the butterbeer itself.
No this recipe for butterbeer does not contain alcohol.
Harry Potter Birthday Ideas
If you are on the hunt for other harry potter themed birthday ideas be sure to check out my:
- 200 ml gingerbeer
- 15 ml butterscotch sauce 1 tablespoon
- 62 ml whipped cream one quarter of a cup
- Pour butterscotch sauce into the bottom of a glass, add ginger beer and stir to combine.
- Top the drink, with whipped cream and an extra drizzle of caramel sauce