It’s happened, my 3.5 yr old has become quite a fussy little eater. So when it comes to filling lunchboxes its all about balls balls balls.
These apple oat no-bake bites are a relatively new addition to my ball rotation, but based on the fact my little miss gobbled 5 during the photoshoot alone I think we can safely say they will be a regular.
Thus far I have not attempted these apple oat no-bake bites as nut-free, that will be my next project. I suspect they will work with sunflower seeds. But I have tried them with both peanut butter and almond butter. I make them with peanut butter more often as it is so much cheaper than almond butter. But the almond version was scrummy.
To make this recipe nut-free tahini can be used, I find the hulled tahini works best in this recipe as it’s flavour is not as strong.
These apple oat no-bake bites (if suggested substitutions are made) are part of my allergy-friendly recipe collection, these recipes are free from the top 8 food allergens: Dairy, wheat, egg, soy, peanut, tree nuts, fish & crustaceans
Watch the apple oat no-bake bites video
- Cooked apple or apple puree 200g
- Peanut butter 150g (1/2 C)
- Raisins 60g (1/2C)
- Rolled oats 200g (2 C)
- Watch the quick recipe video before you get started, scroll up a little to find it
- Check the notes at the bottom of the recipe for little bits of extra info and help
- In a food processor blitz the apple, peanut butter, and raisins.
- Add the rolled oats and using the pulse function on the food processor, pulse until combined
- Take tablespoon fulls and roll into balls. If you find the mixture a bit sticky, dampen your hands
- Refrigerate for 30 mins
- These balls can keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days
- These balls can be frozen
Peanut butter can be replaced with almond butter to make these peanut-free, tahini will work as asubstitutee for not free
This recipe is wheat free but not gluten free if traditional oats are used.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 67Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 25mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 2g
Please know this nutrition analysis is based on the ingredients only, this recipe has not been sent to a laboratory for independent testing