It is no secret that I am a little bit of a fan of the no-bake energy bite, or bliss ball. I’ve been a fan for ages as have my kids but these no-bake energy bites with apricot choc chips and chia seeds are the first my husband also raves about!
And that my lovely friends is saying something! This combo is a winner, kid approved, mum approved and wait for it dad approved!
The chia seeds in this help to hold the balls together with less dried fruit than many recipes and also add a good hit of vegetable protein, healthy fats and fibre.
I’ve been on a little bit of a chia seed frenzy lately, rediscovering them in my pantry, my kids have been tucking into my simple banana chia seed puddings, they’ve been popping up in my healthy apple pie oat bars and even in my new favourite burger recipe!
They are brilliant as an egg replacer so also feature in my ultimate allergy-friendly cookie recipe
I have a number of no-bake bite recipes on my site, they are some of my most popular posts.
You will note in the images of my no-bake energy bites with apricots, chocolate chips and chia seeds that the apricots are quite orange.
I know this means that the apricots I have chosen to use contain a sulphite preservative. Sulphur Dioxide E220 to be exact!
To be totally honest though, my kids will not eat the organic dried apricots with the brown appearance and tougher texture, that don’t contain a suphite preservative.
I merrily eat them, but at this stage my kids won’t. I will keep trying, but in the meantime my pantry has both types of dried apricots, those with sulphites/sulfites and without lol!
- 1/2 Cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 Cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 Cup rolled oats
- 3 Tbsp chia seeds
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3/4 Cup nut butter (almond, peanut, cashew)
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix
- Set the mix aside for 20 mins, this allows the chia seeds to gel a little and will mean the mix is easier to roll into balls
- Take spoonfuls and roll into balls
- Any nut butter can be used, in this version I have used almond butter, but I have a video coming soon which uses cashew butter good old peanut butter is also fine though
- Refrigerate for up to 5 days or store in the freezer
Nutrition InformationYield 18 Serving Size 1 ball
Amount Per Serving Calories 118Total Fat 7.1gSaturated Fat 0.9gCholesterol 0.1mgSodium 2mgFiber 2.7gSugar 5gProtein 3.3g