I am a huge fan of baking family meals. Meals that you pop in the oven then walk away, and come back later! Much easier than cooking something on the stove top. Hence this recipe, and you will more than likely have all the ingredients in your cupboard
- 2x 400g Cans tomatoes (Can be whatever, whole peeled, puree, crushed, chopped)
- 3 Cloves garlic, roughly chopped (more or less if you prefer)
- 1 Glug of olive oil
- 2 tsp Dried herbs (Thyme, Basil, Oregano, Mixed.. Whatever you have will be fine)
- 2 x Chicken breasts (400-500g)
- Put everything excluding the chicken into an oven proof dish, or roasting pan. Give it a bit of a stir
- Bake at 200 degrees celsius for 20 mins
- Quick stir, then put the Chicken breasts on top of the tomato sauce.
- Back in the oven for a further 25 mins
- I quite like serving this with Polenta (The instant type is really really fast to prepare, although the more traditional slow cooked style has a nicer texture)
- Serve it with crispy roast potatoes (they can bake at the same time as the chicken and a salad you’ve prepared earlier
A simple family friendly recipe that takes the stress out of meal time prep. No hovering over the stove top with little ones under your feet, and only 5 ingredients that everyone will probably have in their cupboard.