Today I tried something new, these Hummus Oat Crackers are a recipe hack based on my popular Crunchy Chickpea and Oat crackers.
I tried to figure out how to make a very similar cracker but with only 2 ingredients. The hack being store-bought hummus! and it totally works.
All you need is store-bought hummus and oats. Please note obviously I have not been able to test this recipe with every single brand of store-bought hummus, but from what I can tell as long as it is a good hummus without too much water added it should be fine! Or if the mixture seems a bit wet, just add more oats.
If you don't have store-bought hummus but have a can of chickpeas then check out my original recipe.
These hummus oat crackers are part of my allergy-friendly recipe collection, these recipes are free from the top 8 food allergens: Dairy, wheat, egg, soy, peanut, tree nuts, fish & crustaceans
For other cracker recipes check out my healthy homemade cracker recipes, my rice crackers using leftover rice are always popular.
- 400g Hummus
- 1 Cup Oat Flour / Rolled Oats
- In a bowl mix the hummus and oat flour, it should form a dough, and come into a ball
- Line a baking tray with baking paper, place the dough on top, Place a second piece of baking paper on top of the dough
- Press the dough with your hands to start flattening it
- Using a rolling pin, roll until it is evenly spread over the baking tray and approximately 5mm thick
- Score the dough into cracker shaped pieces, I use a pizza roller to do it, but you can use a knife
- Using a fork, prick the centre of each cracker, it helps the crackers to bake evenly
- Bake at 180 degrees celsius 36o Fahrenheit for 40 until golden
- Leave to cool, preferably on a wire rack
- Snap the crackers along the score marks
Oat flour is just finely ground rolled oats. I just blitz rolled oats in a food processor to make my own. This recipe is wheat free but not gluten free if traditional oats are used.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 2 crackers
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 83Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 103mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 2gSugar: 0gProtein: 3g
Please know this nutrition analysis is based on the ingredients only, this recipe has not been sent to a laboratory for independent testing