Today I tried something new, these Hummus Oat Crackers are a recipe hack based on my popular Crunchy Chickpea and Oat crackers. I tried to figure out how to make a very similar cracker but with only 2 ingredients. The hack being store bought hummus! and it totally works. All you need is store-bought hummus and oats. Please note obviously I have not been able to test this recipe with every single brand of store bought hummus, but from what I can tell as long as it is a good hummus without too much water added it should be fine! Or if the mixture seems a bit wet, just add more oats.
Please note obviously I have not been able to test this hummus and oat cracker recipe with every single brand of store bought hummus, but from what I can tell as long as it is a good hummus without too much water added it should be fine! Or if the mixture seems a bit wet, just add more oats. If you don’t have store-bought hummus but have a can of chickpeas then check out my original recipe.
Hummus Oat Crackers Two Ingredient Recipe
Yield 30 crackers
- 400g Hummus
- 1 Cup Oat Flour / Rolled Oats
- In a bowl mix the hummus and oat flour, it should form a dough, and come into a ball
- Line a baking tray with baking paper, place the dough on top, Place a second piece of baking paper on top of the dough
- Press the dough with your hands to start flattening it
- Using a rolling pin, roll until it is evenly spread over the baking tray and approximately 5mm thick
- Score the dough into cracker shaped pieces, I use a pizza roller to do it, but you can use a knife
- Using a fork, prick the centre of each cracker, it helps the crackers to bake evenly
- Bake at 180 degrees celsius 36o Fahrenheit for 40 until golden
- Leave to cool, preferably on a wire rack
- Snap the crackers along the score marks
Oat flour is just finely ground rolled oats. I just blitz rolled oats in a food processor to make my own.