Pop Pop Pop Corn. A couple of weeks ago we, (actually my kids) were given a popcorn machine. It is brilliant. Well fantastic on the most part. The downfall is that there is now popcorn throughout my house.
Popcorn goes everywhere, it is a bit like raisins, it ends up in all sorts of nooks and crannies. Anyway having all this popcorn around inspired these Popcorn Chicken Tenders, because not only do my kids love popcorn they also love chicken nuggets.
3 Ingredient Popcorn Chicken Tenders
Yes you heard that right. only 3 ingredients are needed to make my baked popcorn chicken tenders. One of them is chicken, and one is popcorn, which just leaves the third which is a good quality whole egg mayonnaise. You can either make your own or use a store-bought one. When choosing your mayo look for as few ingredients as possible, it will likely contain Egg, Oil, Salt and hopefully not a lot else. A nice garlicky aioli also works well in the recipe.
You can either make your own (here is a 60-second recipe) or use a store bought one. When choosing your mayo look for as few ingredients as possible, it will likely contain Egg, Oil, Salt and hopefully not a lot else. A nice garlicky aioli also works well in the recipe.
This is my second 3 ingredient homemade chicken nugget recipe, my other one is egg free but not nut free, using coconut milk and ground almonds, it does make easy healthy chicken nuggets though.
- 500-600g Chicken Tenderloins
- 2 Tbsp whole egg mayonnaise
- 5 Cups popcorn (popped)
- Place the chicken tenderloins into a bowl
- Add the mayonnaise and mix well until the chicken is well covered
- Set aside
- Blitz the popped popcorn in a food processor until it is quite broken down. The finer the better, although it won't break down completely. As long as the pieces are no bigger than 1cm diameter you should be fine
- Place the blitzed popcorn into a large bowl
- Add the chicken. Mix with your hands until the pieces are well covered in popcorn
- Place on a baking paper lined tray
- Bake at 180 degrees celsius for 15-20 mins until golden (cooking time will very a little depending on the size of the tenderloins
You can use any boneless skinless chicken in this recipe.
You can exchange the mayo for a nice garlicky aioli
You can change the shape of the chicken pieces to smaller nugget shapes if your kids would prefer this
They work well wrapped in a nice crunchy lettuce leaf with a little avocado or mayo