Loaded Kumara Chips are a super easy and quick weekday meal. It takes Kumara Fries to a new level and turns them into a full family meal.
Why This Recipe Works
- Easy and quick to make on the table in 25 minutes
- Bright, colourful and fun to eat
- Loved by the whole family.
Ingredients you will need
To make my Kumara Chips you will of course need Kumara (sweet potato). I like to flavour these with Onion Powder and Paprika. Plus a collection of toppings.
- Corn kernels
Ingredient Notes and Substitutes
- Bacon: This can be substituted for ham, salami, pepperoni, shredded chicken or left out entirely to make this a meat-free meal.
- Cheese: The grated cheese brings all the toppings together
- Vegetables: You could swap these for some of your favourite pizza topping, olives, sundried tomatoes.
This recipe was sponsored by Countdown. They have so many time-saving products at great prices that are absolutely perfect to get family meals on the table fast. I used Kumara, grated cheese, strawberry tomatoes, frozen corn kernels, baby spinach leaves and diced onions from their range in this recipe.
Step by step instructions
Below are illustrated step-by-step instructions to make my loaded kumara chips, if you prefer just the written instructions then head straight to the printable recipe card or check out the quick recipe video below.
Heat oven to 220 degrees celsius 430 Fahrenheit
Step one: Slice Kumara into even-sized battens. (Chips, Fries).
Step two: Pop kumara, oil and spices onto a lined baking tray, mix them around so they are all oiled and spiced, and spread into a single layer. Bake in the hot oven for 15 minutes.
Step three: While the kumara are baking combine the topping ingredients in a bowl.
Step four: After the Kumara have been baking for 15 minutes, remove them from the oven and load the toppings onto the kumara chips and bake for a further 5-7 minutes.
Here is how you can make get these loaded fries onto the table quickly and perfectly every time!
- Preheat your oven: Before you do anything else get your oven heated. (turn it on before you start chopping the Kumara.
- Chop vegetables like Kūmara into battens, kids love 'fries' and they cook fast!
- Frozen veggies are awesome (like Countdown's corn kernels and diced onions, no need to prep them just cook!
- Scissors, if you need to chop things like bacon, herbs, or chives... give your scissors a go they are super fast at these jobs!
Loaded Kumara Chips
RATE THIS RECIPE
- 1 kilogram Kumara 2 large
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 130 gram diced onion 1 cup
- 130 gram corn kernels 1 cup
- 150 gram grated cheese 1 and a half cups
- 150 gram chopped bacon
- 40 grams baby spinach leaves 2 good handfuls
- 200 grams strawberry tomatoes halved
- Heat oven to 220 degrees celsius 430 fahrenheit
- Slice Kumara into even sized battens. (Chips, Fries).
- Pop kumara, oil and spices onto a lined baking tray, mix them around so they are all oiled and spiced, and spread into a single layer.
- Bake in the hot oven for 15 minutes.
- While the kumara are baking combine the topping ingredients in a bowl.
- After the Kumara have been baking for 15 minutes, remove them from the oven and load the toppings onto the kumara chips and bake for a further 5-7 minutes.