This hidden veggie pizza bread is ridiculously easy to make, kid tested and approved and adds a little bit of green veg into kids diets
The hack that hides the veggies in the hidden veggie pizza bread is making a savoury smoothie. I do this by simply blending tinned tomatoes with spinach (frozen or fresh) and voila its like magic.
Please note it will not look pretty when you first make it, but please also note once you cook it, it turns out fine, the green/brown fades, the redness of the tomatoes comes back and everyone is happy!
I use this trick in a few recipes, including my ultimate hidden vegetable lasagne which is one my family’s all-time favourite meals
I make this hidden veggie pizza bread often for an after-school snack or it’s perfect for a play date.
- 1 cup tinned tomatoes
- 1 garlic glove
- 1-2 handfuls of spinach leaves
- 2 Pizza Bases
- 1-2 handfuls grated cheese
- The first step is to make a savoury smoothie, in a blender place the tinned tomatoes, garlic and spinach leaves, blitz until smooth
- Spoon this sauce onto the pizza bases, use the back of the spoon to spread it out evenly
- Top with grated cheese
- Bake in a hot oven for approx 12 mins (follow the guide on the pizza base you are using)
- look for tinned tomatoes with no added salt and sugar
- You can add any toppings you want to the pizza, or just go for cheese
- You can either use your favourite store bought pizza base or your favourite Pizza dough recipe
- If gluten free or wheat free is required then chose a gluten-free or wheat-free pizza base
Nutrition InformationYield 20 Serving Size 2
Amount Per Serving Calories 55Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 7mgSodium 119mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 3g