This is the first year that I am going to post Christmas themed recipe ideas. To be honest the majority of them will not be recipes as such. I mean this one for example is hardly a recipe it’s more os assembly instructions but that is ok.
These Santas actually started their lives as Santa Hats. The kids and my husband picked strawberries in the afternoon and I got all excited. I made what I thought were excellent Santa hats. But as soon as my husband walked in and saw them
he was like.. “What are you going to use for eyes”
and I was like.. “hats don’t have eyes”…
and he was like… “but they are Santas aren’t they”…
Then my son chimed in.. “cool mum, strawberry santas”….
And so I was like…”I better add eyes”
Since making these I have since discovered that there are a few versions of strawberry santas floating around, but many include biscuits or cream cheese icing, so these are a smidge healthier at least.
How to make this Healthy Christmas Treat
Healthy Strawberry Santa Ingredients
- A banana
- Cottage Cheese
- A black gel icing pen
Healthy Strawberry Santa Method
- Take the top off a strawberry (ie the leaves)
- Slice a second slice from the top of the strawberry
- Slice a disc from a banana
- Spread one side of the banana with cottage cheese (relatively thickly, as this will become the beard)
- Place the strawberry slice on the serving plate
- Add the slice of the banana on top, cottage cheese side down
- Take the gel icing pen and add 2 dots on the edge of the banana slice to look like eyes
- Place the remaining part of the strawberry on top as the hat
- Repeat for as many Santas you wish to make
I’m also very proud to be part of the Savvy Mom Bloggers group. We have put together a holiday link up. Join in if you wish!