Today was life changing. I have seen pancake bites and pancake muffin recipes everywhere on pinterest, but many are based on high sugar pre-made pancake mixes.
Today I learnt that my favourite healthy pancake recipe works baked in the oven!
Blueberry banana pancake muffins are perfect for so many things and even more perfect as I don’t need to stand at the oven flipping the pancakes.
All 3 kiddos have decided they are an absolute winner! As I was testing the recipe they have literally had them for breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea, but there were no complaints!
These healthy pancake muffins are loaded with protein and fibre and very low in added sugar, to tell the truth you could definitely get away with no added sugars or syrups especially if the bananas you use are very ripe.
The end result is a super soft muffin, that does not crumble. So brilliant for Baby Led Weaning. I know banana. blueberry and oats were all huge favourites for my kids when they were starting finger foods. So I am sure this combo would be a BLW winner.
A great friend of mine has suggested I call these “puffins” pancakes crossed with a muffin.. Thanks Faye of Baby Led Blog
Recipe Video for blueberry banana pancake muffins
- 2 medium bananas
- 1 Cup oats
- 1 Cup cottage cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Blueberries
- Place everything excluding the blueberries in a food processor or blender
- Whizz until you have a nice smooth consistency
- Pour into greased muffin tray (I used a silicon muffin tray with a spray of olive oil
- Top with the blueberries
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius / 350-360 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 - 30 mins
- Leave to cool in tin for 5-10 mins
- Remove from tin, they ready to serve
- Under ones please do not use honey
- If your bananas are nice and rip you will probably not need any maple syrup or honey