A great was to increase your kids vegetable intake
Kids love guacamole, Hell adults love guacamole as well. What’s not to love? Creamy, creamy, deliciousness.
This recipe packs a punch not in the spice department but in the vegetable content. The secret is cucumber.
I make guacamole / avocado dip like this often and then use it as dips for the kids snacks, as a topping on toast or crackers or as a spread on sandwiches. It means my kids get a little extra vege every time I use it.
Healthiest Guacamole Hidden Veggies
Yield 10 Portions
- 1 x medium avocado
- 1 Cup cucumber roughly chopped
- Squeeze of lemon
- Dash of tabasco sauce
- Grind of salt
- Whizz, Blitz, Puree what ever you like to call it, with a Barmix, or food processor
- A great dip alongside Falafels
- Perfect with crackers, carrot sticks or cucumber sticks
- Use as a spread in sandwiches, wraps, burgers as an alternative to mayo to boost vegetable intake.