Ok, so it’s June and it has been a bit cold, wet and miserable. Which to me means warm comfort type meals are needed. Nothing screams warmth more than Mexican, combine this with pasta my ultimate comfort food and I think I have come up with the perfect mid winter Mexican meal! Yes pasta and warm Mexican flavours have combined perfectly in the Farrah’s Fajita One Pot Pasta. I kid you not the combo of Mexican and pasta has been an absolute hit at our house.
One pot pasta meals are all the rage these days, and what’s not to like about the concept. Literally, the whole meal cooks in one pot, you don’t have to cook the pasta separately. Don’t worry I was a little skeptical too, wouldn’t the pasta be gluggy? wouldn’t it all just stick together? Well after trying it a number of times I can say, Nope, the pasta cooks really well, it is an awesome method for getting a family meal together quickly!
When I was asked by Farrah’s to create a midwinter Mexican recipe with their new Fajita spice mix, I jumped at the chance to officially get on the one-pot-pasta bandwagon and get a recipe for a one-pot-pasta meal onto my site.
The Farrah’s spice mixes are packed full of flavour with no artificial colours or flavours, just oodles and oodles of taste! My kiddos loved the Fajita spice mix as it is very mild, by mild I mean it is not spicy, that does not mean it is not full of delicious spiced flavours, it is just not chili hot. Farrah’s spice mixes are easy to track down. They should be available in the Mexican aisle of your local supermarket.
So now let’s get on with the show, my fajita one pot pasta, a real rough and ready throw it together meal that totally works and will be a crowd pleaser. A big thanks to Farrah’s for making this post possible, I received payment to both create the recipe and post it on my site and social media.
- 1 Onion
- 3 Capsicum (Variety of colours if you can)
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 300g Beef Mince
- 1 x Pack Farrah’s Fajita Spice Mix
- 1 Can black or kidney beans
- 700g Tomato Puree (Can or Jar)
- 400 ml chicken stock
- 350 g Pasta Spaghetti
- Dice your onion and slice your capsicum
- In a heavy based saucepan or frying pan that can be covered with a lid, heat your oil
- Saute the onion
- Add the mince and brown
- Add the spice mix and stir until well mixed through the mince, it will smell divine
- Add the capsicum and beans stir
- Add the tomato puree and stock, stir and bring to the boil
- Once bubbling add the dry pasta. You may need to snap it in half to fit in the pot. Push the pasta under the surface of the liquid
- Cover the pot
- Leave to simmer for 15 mins
- Remove lid
- Give a good stir and it will be ready to serve
- If you have some avocado, a dollop of guacamole on top is brilliant.
Whoop A Farrah’s Gift Pack
Well done you made it, I have 5 gift packs to give away, I know right, that is pretty generous! 2 Large Packs of the Full Farrahs Mexican range of wraps and spice mixes, and 3 Fajita Prize packs.
Comment with your favorite Mexican dish below to go in the draw
Prizes will only be shipped within New Zealand. I will be drawing 5 winners at random, from the comments below at 10 am Monday 31 August. Winners will announced on this web page, so be sure to check back, I will remind on Facbook when the draw has been complated. If prizes are not clamined within 3 days I will draw a new random winner. No further communication will be entered into in regards to this giveaway,