When it comes to vegetables, here is the thing, 5 plus a day is out. We should be aiming for 8-10 servings of vegetables and fruit (the majority veggies) every day.
To achieve this, veggies need to be offered at pretty much every meal and snack. These cauliflower cheese egg muffins are perfect for giving kids a veggie loaded breakfast, snack or light meal.
If your kiddos’ fall into the ‘picky’ by nature club then, by all means, keep these muffins plain, the cauliflower pretty much disappears.
But if you want the muffins to be a bit more loud and proud when it comes to their vegetable content then add spinach leaves or tomatoes to the top for a bit of colour.
I make these egg muffins with no added salt which means they are great for baby led weaning or a baby finger food as well. I must confess though, with no added salt my husband finds them quite bland. So make sure you season them if needed for your families palate.
If you are looking for low or no added sugar muffins for your kids but were after a sweeter tasting muffin then check these 7 low sugar muffin recipes out!
Watch my cauliflower cheese egg muffins quick video
- 350g Cauliflower florets
- 5 eggs
- 1 Cup grated cheddar cheese
- Optional Baby Spinach leaves and cherry tomatoes
- Watch the quick recipe video before you get started, scroll up a little to find it
- Check the notes at the bottom of the recipe for little bits of extra info and help
- Roughly chop cauliflower
- Blitz in a food processor until resembles a fine grain, like couscous
- Whisk eggs
- Add cheese and cauliflower
- Season with salt and pepper if required
- Fill greased muffin cups with egg mixture
- Decorate with spinach leaves or cherry tomatoes if desired
- Bake at 180 degrees celsius or 350 Fahrenheit for 15-20mins until firm/springy to touch
- Cool for 5 mins in tray before serving
- Or cool completely before adding to a lunch box
If I am making these as a finger food for babies I do not add seasoning
You can try this mix with feta cheese as well
A little bacon is also delicious!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 78Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 87mgSodium: 138mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 6g
Please know this nutrition analysis is based on the ingredients only, this recipe has not been sent to a laboratory for independent testing