I've been flavouring the kids yoghurt with chia jams for a while now, but I thought I would share this recipe for Strawberry Chia Yoghurt Parfaits today.
I made this healthy yoghurt parfait recipe A LOT the other week when my kiddos had sore throats (some of you saw it on my Instagram stories and I had a few messages about wanting the specific recipe so here it is)
The recipe starts by making a basic chia seed jam.
Chia jam is really easy to make, essentially all you need to do is stew some fruit or berries, add a little sweetness (if needed) through in some chia seeds and voila they gel and you end up with a 5 minute jam, perfect for toast or, in this case, perfect to make these Strawberry Chia Yoghurt Parfaits.
Previously on My Kids Lick The Bowl
For those strawberry fans be sure to check out how to make strawberry crumble
- One week ago: quinoa baby cereal with carrot & apple
- One month ago: easy healthy peanut butter mousse - dessert
- Three months ago: banana chia pudding
- Six months ago: coconut snowballs
- One Year ago: butternut pumpkin baked risotto
- Two Years ago: healthy macaroni and cheese
- 1 cup strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3 teaspoon water
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 Cup Greek yoghurt
- Pop the strawberries and water in a pot, simmer until the strawberries have softened, give them a little mash with a spoon
- Turn off the heat
- Add the maple syrup, and chia seeds, mix through and allow to cool
- Once cooled layer the strawberry chia jam and greek yoghurt in jars to create parfaits
- You may not need the maple syrup for sweetness, or if you prefer you can use an alternative sweetener like honey, sugar or coconut sugar
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1 parfait (150ml)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 162Total Fat: 7.6gSaturated Fat: 2.6gCholesterol: 12.4mgCarbohydrates: 14.1gFiber: 3.9gSugar: 8.8gProtein: 10.3g