I’ve been flavouring the kids yoghurt with chia jams for a while now, but I thought I would share this recipe for Strawberry Chia Yoghurt Parfaits today.
I made this healthy yoghurt parfait recipe A LOT the other week when my kiddos had sore throats (some of you saw it on my Instagram stories and I had a few messages about wanting the specific recipe so here it is)
The recipe starts by making a basic chia seed jam.
Chia jam is really easy to make, essentially all you need to do is stew some fruit or berries, add a little sweetness (if needed) through in some chia seeds and voila they gel and you end up with a 5 minute jam, perfect for toast or, in this case, perfect to make these Strawberry Chia Yoghurt Parfaits.
Previously on My Kids Lick The Bowl
- One week ago: quinoa baby cereal with carrot & apple
- One month ago: easy healthy peanut butter mousse – dessert
- Three months ago: banana chia pudding
- Six months ago: coconut snowballs
- One Year ago: butternut pumpkin baked risotto
- Two Years ago: healthy macaroni and cheese
- 1 cup strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3 tsp water
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Cup Greek yoghurt
- Pop the strawberries and water in a pot, simmer until the strawberries have softened, give them a little mash with a spoon
- Turn off the heat
- Add the maple syrup, and chia seeds, mix through and allow to cool
- Once cooled layer the strawberry chia jam and greek yoghurt in jars to create parfaits
- You may not need the maple syrup for sweetness, or if you prefer you can use an alternative sweetener like honey, sugar or coconut sugar
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1 parfait (150ml)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 162Total Fat: 7.6gSaturated Fat: 2.6gCholesterol: 12.4mgCarbohydrates: 14.1gFiber: 3.9gSugar: 8.8gProtein: 10.3g