I've been flavouring the kids yoghurt with chia jams for a while now, but I thought I would share this recipe for Strawberry Chia Yoghurt Parfaits today.
I made this healthy yoghurt parfait recipe A LOT the other week when my kiddos had sore throats (some of you saw it on my Instagram stories and I had a few messages about wanting the specific recipe so here it is)
The recipe starts by making a basic chia seed jam.
Chia jam is really easy to make, essentially all you need to do is stew some fruit or berries, add a little sweetness (if needed) through in some chia seeds and voila they gel and you end up with a 5 minute jam, perfect for toast or, in this case, perfect to make these Strawberry Chia Yoghurt Parfaits.
Previously on My Kids Lick The Bowl
For those strawberry fans be sure to check out how to make strawberry crumble
- One week ago: quinoa baby cereal with carrot & apple
- One month ago: easy healthy peanut butter mousse - dessert
- Three months ago: banana chia pudding
- Six months ago: coconut snowballs
- One Year ago: butternut pumpkin baked risotto
- Two Years ago: healthy macaroni and cheese
Layered Strawberry Chia Puddings
RATE THIS RECIPE
- 1 cup strawberries
- 250 millilitres milk one cup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 30 millilitres maple syrup 2 tablespoons
- ¼ cup chia
- 250 grams yoghurt 1 cup
- 1 banana
- Blend the strawberries, milk and maple syrup until smooth.
- Pour three-quarters of this strawberry smoothie into a jug or mixing bowl.
- Add the chia seeds to the larger quantity of strawberry smoothie, and mix well. Let this mix sit for 2-3 minutes before stirring again (this will remove any clumps of chia seeds). Spoon this mixture into the bottom of your serving glasses or jar.
- Layer the yoghurt on top of the strawberry chia pudding.
- Add a banana to the remaining strawberry smoothie in your blender, and blend until thick, creamy and smooth.
- Add this banana strawberry smoothie to the top of your chia parfaits, and chill for at least 2 hours (or overnight). Enjoy