Do you know the easiest way to cook mushrooms? roast them! Roast mushrooms are an absolute revolution, bang them in the oven and that’s pretty much it!
Why This Recipe Works
- So easy!
- 3 ingredients! (if you don’t count salt and pepper)
Ingredients you will need
To make my creamy roasted mushrooms you will need button mushrooms, olive oil, creme fraiche, and salt and pepper.
Creme Fraiche: This can be substituted with sour cream, it isn’t quite as nice but, the cream sauce isn’t quite as smooth, but the flavour is fine.
Step by step instructions
Below are illustrated step-by-step instructions to make creamy roast mushrooms, if you prefer just the written instructions then head straight to the printable recipe card below.
Step one: Heat your oven to 200 degrees celsius
Step two: Toss the mushrooms in olive oil, salt, and pepper in a roasting or baking dish.
Step three: Top with blobs of creme fraiche. Bake at 200 degrees Celcius for 20 minutes
Step four: Stir the roasted mushrooms so that the mushrooms are coated in the creme fraiche sauce
Here is how you can make this creamy roast mushroom recipe perfectly every time!
My only tip is to see more button mushrooms than you think you will need, mushrooms shrink when roasted so start with a nice full roasting dish.
Roast button mushrooms for 20-25 mins in a 200-degree Celsius oven.
Toss mushrooms in olive oil and season with salt and pepper before roasting in a hot oven.
These creamy baked mushrooms are easy and delicious, they are perfect to serve with egg waffles or a slice of my overnight oatmeal bread.
I’m a massive fan of oven baking veggies, my parmesan roast cauliflower is equally easy and also delicious!
For the mushroom lovers out there, you must check out my baked mushroom cheese dip, once you’ve made it you won’t be able to go back to a life without it!
Creamy Roast Mushrooms
- 400 g button mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons Creme Fraiche
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat your oven to 200 degrees celsius
- Toss the mushrooms in olive oil, salt and pepper in a roasting or baking dish.
- Top with blobs of creme fraiche. Bake at 200 degrees celcius for 20 minutes
- Stir so that the mushrooms are coated in the creamy sauce
- Creme Fraiche can be swapped for sour cream
- My only tip is to use more button mushrooms than you think you will need, mushrooms shrink when roasted so start with a nice full roasting dish.