- 150 g sunflower seeds 1 cup
- 150 g dates 1 cup
- 150 g raisins 1 cup
- 20 g cocoa or cacao ¼ cup
- 15 g coconut oil 1 Tablespoon
- Desiccated coconut, cocoa, ground almonds For rolling
Put everything except the desiccated coconut into a food processor
Blitz, be patient it will take around 5 minutes for the mixture to come togeter.
Roll spoonfuls into balls
Optional: Roll the balls in desiccated coconut, cocoa or ground almonds.
Refrigerate for 1 hr before serving
- Be patient, just when you think the mix won't come together it will, just keep blending.
- If your food processor is not sturdy enough to blitz dried dates, soak your dates in warm water for around 10 minutes, drain them and add these softened dates to your bliss ball mix.
- Bliss balls will last in the fridge for up to 7 days, or they can be stored in the freezer for up to 4 months.
Ingredient notes and substitutes
- Sunflower seeds: You can substitute the sunflower seeds for pumpkin seeds or your favourite nut, almonds and cashews work well.
- Dates: If you don't like dates, you can leave them out and increase the raisins to replace them.
- Raisins: You can use raisins or sultanas.
- Cocoa: This can be substituted for cacao powder if you prefer.
- Coconut oil: The recipe will actually work with any mild flavoured oil.
Serving: 1ball | Calories: 96kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 175mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 5IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg
Check out mykidslickthebowl.com for more!