- 250 g mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 125 g sour cream
- 1 cup grated cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan
Heat your oven to 200 degrees celsius
Thickly slice your mushrooms, place in an oven-proof dish with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake for 25 mins.
Remove the mushrooms from the oven, stir through the remaining ingredients.
Return the mushroom dip to the oven, reduce the temperature to 150 degrees celsius and bake for 20-30 mins until bubbling around the edges and the cheese is melted.
Serve with chips, crackers or crusty bread!
- Choose a melty cheese as your grated cheese, Colby, Gruyere, grated Mozzarella all work well.
- If you are a blue cheese fan, you can skip the parmesan and add some of this too! Because sometimes the more cheese the better!
- Although this is a mushroom dip recipe, you can serve it in a few ways that aren't a dip! It's great stirred through pasta, think of it as the ultimate mushroom mac and cheese! Or serve it as a side to grilled steak or chicken.
Ingredient Notes and Substitutes
- Mushrooms: I used Meadow Mushroom small portabello mushrooms in this recipe, but this dip is equally as nice with button mushrooms or swiss browns.
- Grated cheese: When I make this dip I use a gruyere cheese as I like its flavour and it's a great melting cheese, but you can use your favourite cheese grated.
- Sour cream: Creme fraiche works well too
- Mayonnaise: Garlic aioli works well too... as long as you like garlic!
Serving: 1serve | Calories: 186kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 193mg | Potassium: 113mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 218IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 126mg | Iron: 1mg