- 1 ripe banana approx 100g
- Two thirds cup milk or milk alternative approx 160 ml
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
Blend the banana and milk together as if you were making a smoothie
Add the chia seeds, and stir them through the smoothie, If you prefer you give a few pulses to mix them in through the smoothie, but so as not to completely demolish them.
Pour into a serving bowl or jar, refrigerate for a minimum of 20 mins before serving
- Chia seeds take time to soften and gel, please ensure you leave the pudding for a minimum of 20 mins before serving to ensure you get a smooth custard-like texture. You can prepare it well in advance, ie prepare and refrigerate overnight.
- This recipe will work with any type of milk, ie cows milk, soy, almond, oat, any milk that tickles your fancy
- This recipe has no added sugar, depending on your kid's palates you may need to add some, a little maple syrup, honey (for over ones) or even a date popped into the smoothie will add sweetness. But try it without as you never know!
Serving: 120g | Calories: 160kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 37mg | Potassium: 367mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 170IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 168mg | Iron: 1mg