- 500 g spiral pasta
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 270 g sun dried tomatoes
- 400 g corn kernels
- 75 g salami
- 3 handfuls baby spinach leaves
- 150 g feta
Cook your pasta as per the directions on the packet. Be sure not to over cook your pasts, you want it firm. Cool the pasta by running under cold water, allow the pasta to drain well after you have completed this.
Drain the corn kernels, slice the salami into strips, crumble the feta.
Put your mayonnaise in a small mixing bowl. Drain the oil from the jar of sun dried tomatoes into the same bowl. Whisk to combine, this is the dressing for the pasta salad.
Stir the dressing through your cooked, cooled pasta so that all the pasta has a light coating. Taste your pasta and season with salt and pepper as needed.
Add the remaining ingredients and toss the salad so they are evenly distributed. Refrigerate until serving
- Be sure to not over cook your pasta, when you are making a pasta salad you definitely want your pasta al dente (firm to the bite).
- If you have members in your family who might be a little fussy, don't be afraid to serve the pasta deconstructed, that way everyone can add the bits and pieces they like on their own plates.
- I love serving olives, lemon wedges and toasted pine nuts along side this salad.
- This pasta salad will last 48 - 72 hours in the refrigerator, which means it can be made in advance. It is actually it's most tasty after 24 hours of in the fridge
Ingredient notes and substitutes
- Sun dried tomatoes: I love buying the jarred pre-sliced sun dried tomato strips for this recipe as it cut downs my prep time, but you can totally use full sun dried tomatoes and slice them yourself.
- Pasta: I tend to use spiral pasta but any short pasta shape will work.
- Corn Kernels: I love the pops of sweetness corn kernels bring to the salad, I use drained canned kernels, but you can use frozen of fresh.
- Feta: Choose a hard greek style feta that crumbles well.
- Salami: Pick your favourite, you can go spicy or mild.
- Mayonnaise: Use your favourite, alternatively you can sub for sour cream.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 397kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 524mg | Potassium: 1181mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 1165IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 126mg | Iron: 4mg
Check out mykidslickthebowl.com for more!