- ¼ cup greek yogurt
- ¼ pear 30g I use tinned pear, but this recipe will work with a very fresh soft pear (skin removed).
- ¼ cup raspberries 25g
- ¾ cup greek yogurt
Place the first measure of greek yoghurt and your chosen fruit and or veggie flavourings into a blender and blitz until you have a smooth purée.
Gently stir the purée through the second measure of greek yoghurt
Spoon the flavoured yoghurt into a piping bag, or any small bag with the corner cut off.
Pipe small blobs (buttons) of the flavoured yoghurt on to a baking tray (or flat plate) that will fit in your freezer that is lined with baking paper or a non-stick reusable liner.
Freeze solid, this will take about an hour. Transfer the melts into an airtight container. Store in the freezer until your little one needs a cool yoghurt treat.
- Greek Yoghurt: You do need a thick yoghurt for this recipe to work, a thick coconut yoghurt or soy yoghurt will work as well.
- Fruit & Veggies: You can use any flavour combinations, alternatively you can also stir commercial baby purées through greek yoghurt.
Other flavour ideas
This recipe makes pink raspberry and pear yogurt melts, other tested flavours
- ¼ cup Blueberries + 30g Banana = purple baby yogurt melts
- 13g frozen spinach + 2 Tbsp apple sauce = green baby yogurt melts
- To be able to successfully pipe the yoghurt melts you need the mix to be thick, use a thick yoghurt to start
- Don't purée all the yogurt with the flavourings, when you do this, greek yogurt will loose it's thick texture and will therefore become to runny to pipe.
- I find it is easiest to pipe the baby yogurt melts from a very small opening. Only cut a very small corner off the bag you are using, or use a fine piping tip.
- Store in an air-tight container in a freezer for up to 3 months. Once removed from the freezer they will need to be served immediately.
Calories: 53kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 24mg | Potassium: 126mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 10IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 1mg