- 1 Egg
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese 8 g
- oil for greasing
Heat your waffle iron to it's highest heat.
Crack the egg into a small bowl, whisk until the white and yolk are very well combined. (It will be a little foamy on top).
Whisk in the parmesan cheese and/or salt and pepper.
Spray or brush the waffle iron with a little oil, cooking spray or butter.
Pour the whisked egg mixture into the waffle maker, cook for 3-5 minutes on a high heat.
- Egg: I'm sorry but this is an egg waffle recipe so you can't make it without an egg.
- Parmesan: I like to use powdered parmesan you can use any finely grated hard cheese or you can skip the parmesan altogether and just season the egg with salt and pepper.
- Oil: I like to use spray oil to grease my waffle iron, but you can brush on a little melted butter or brush on regular oil.
- Hot - For the best results use a high heat
- Whisk well - For the egg waffles to be successful the white and yolk need to be completely mixed.
- Timing is everything for soft egg waffles cook for approximately 2 and a half minutes, for crispy egg waffles cook for approximately 4 minutes.
Serving: 1waffle | Calories: 94kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 169mg | Sodium: 191mg | Potassium: 68mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 300IU | Calcium: 119mg | Iron: 1mg
Check out mykidslickthebowl.com for more!