Christmas Cupcakes – These easy chocolate reindeer cupcakes are the perfect decorating idea for kids to do
- 1 x pack Betty Crocker Chocolate Devil’s Food Cake baking mix
- 80 g butter or oil
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- Cupcake liners
- 1 x tub Betty Crocker Creamy Deluxe Chocolate Frosting
- Large white chocolate buttons
- Large milk chocolate buttons
- Small milk chocolate drops
- Jaffas (Candy coated orange chocolate balls)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius, 160 degrees Celcius if fan forced.
- Prepare the Betty Crocker Chocolate Cake baking mix as per the instructions, instead of pouring into a cake tin, divide the mix into a muffin tin lined with cupcake liners. I found the mix made 18 cupcakes, but this will depend a little on the size of your muffin tin. The cake mix rises quite a lot, so do not fill the cupcake liners over ? full.
- Bake the muffins for 15 – 20 mins, until they have risen, and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the top. The time will vary a little depending on the size of your muffin tins.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once cool use the chocolate frosting to ice the top of each cupcake, you want a relatively thick layer.
- Take 2 pretzels these will be the Reindeer antlers, place them in antler appropriate position, i.e one on either side at the top of the cupcake.
- Now the eyes, place a white chocolate button just below each antler (I found the reindeer were a little cuter if the button was just slightly on the bottom of the pretzel).
- Take a chocolate drop, dip it into the chocolate frosting and pop it on the white chocolate button, voila, you have eyes!
- Take a milk chocolate button and place it in the centre below the eyes.
- Dip a jaffa (or similar round red sweet) into the chocolate frosting and stick this onto the centre of the milk chocolate button, voila Rudolph’s nose!
Keywords: Christmas Cupcakes, Reindeer, Chocolate, Easy, Fun, For Kids