So I have taken the themed lunch boxes idea and I am running with it! Why you may ask.
I am now into themed lunch boxes because
- My middle daughter who is currently two and a half years old has stopped eating her lunch. She is on lunch strike. Not some days, every day. So I am giving themed lunch boxes a crack to see if it ends her lunch box strike
- Because I received a box of the most lovely lunchbox things from The Lunch Box Queen I am absolutely chuffed. I have been a long time lover of Lynley The Lunch Box Queen so was delighted to receive a box of goodies in the post. They arrived at just the right time in my lunch box journey (refer back to reason one)
I am new to themed lunch boxes. So I am starting small and will hopefully build in my creativity and originality! Or at least that is the plan. I LOVE playing with food, so I am actually a touch excited. My first themed lunch box was super duper basic. I tackled a ROUND THEME. So today was definitely a step up, but don’t panic I didn’t go crazy. The lunch box is still really achievable.
The TAIL of TACKLING a FISHY Lunch Box
Did you see what I did there (I love a food pun). Essentially all you need to know is in this video.
A few extra pointers on the rice mould
Not as tricky as you would think. Last night we had sticky rice with a stir fry. When I dished the kids meals I just scooped some into the rice mould and popped it into the fridge ready for today. To make the fin. I just sprinkled a few chia seeds into the ‘fin indentation’ in the mould before I filled it with rice. It worked a treat!
IN THE LUNCH BOX TODAY
- Hummus and Carrot Salad
- Frozen Peas and Corn
- Rice Mould
IT’S All ABOUT THE BALANCE
- This box as depicted in the video to my mind does not have enough protein in it. So before I officially sent it off with my daughter I also added some cheese.
- Peas and Corn
- Molenberg wholegrain sandwich sliced bread
I WANT it | I NEED it
- This is a YUMBOX panino lunchbox
- This is a LUNCH PUNCH
An animal rice shaper
All three of these items are available in NZ through The Lunch Box Queen Who kindly provided me with these items.
Do you use sandwich cutters or rice shapers?
Which ones do you like?