Simple Satay | A Child Friendly Vegetable Filled Meal
A simple family friendly meal. Bright and colourful and well loved by my peanut butter loving kids.
I like it because it is super quick to make, is packed full of vegetables and subtle spices that my kids really like, and I really like satay too.. so a definite crowd pleaser.
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 300-500g sliced lean meat or alternative (Chicken, lamb, beef, tofu)
- 3-4 Cups sliced vegetables (Onion, capsicum, green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, egg plant, mushrooms, carrot) Pretty much anything in your vege drawer or freezer is suitable
- 2 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce (Can be omitted if you would prefer the recipe to be low/no sugar, replace with some dried chilli)
- 3 Tbsp peanut butter
- 250ml Coconut milk
- Roasted nuts, fresh coriander leaves and a squeeze of lemon juice as a finishing flourish
- Heat oil in a fry pan or wok
- Add spices, fry for 30secs-1min until very fragrant
- Add sliced meat or alternative, cook until sealed/browned
- Add sliced vege, stir fry for a few minutes until beginning to become tender
- Add sweet chilli sauce, peanut butter and coconut milk
- Cook for 5 mins, stirring to ensure the peanut butter melts into the sauce
- Add the finishing flourishes if desired
- Serve with rice or noodles
LIKE it | PIN it | SHARE it
With 5 years of Human Nutrition University study and 10 years previous experience working as a Dietitian you can trust the food, nutrition and healthy eating advice you find on my site.
I regularly post recipes, practical evidence based articles and reviews of products I love.
Occasionally I branch out and record my random musings on life as a mum with 3 children 3 years and under.
You can find my best bits so far in my gallery I’m determined to bring common sense and practicality to feeding kids.